Make these bright, colorful heart shapes for your little Valentines. Use a little frosting to “sign” them with love.
Found here – love this one xoxoxo
How clever – you need to click through to see how easy this was 🙂
Here is sure to be a Valentines Day crowd pleaser…On a stick is a good idea to avoid sticky hands.
Recipe & Instructions
What You Will Need
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups mini (or 60 regular-size) marshmallows
- Red food colouring
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Plastic bags, yarn
What To Do
- Let the kids coat a baking sheet with cooking spray then set it aside
- Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat.
- Let the kids carefully place the marshmallows in as you stir, you can count with them as they do it, counting each marshmallow they place in the pot. (Make sure you explain to them about splashing or the baking fun will turn into hot margarine on your top!)
- Stir the marshmallow and margarine continuously until they melt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the kids put drops of red food colouring into the mixture while you stir, until you reach your desired colour.
- Let the children add the Rice Krispies into the mixture while you stir and continue stirring until they are evenly coated with marshmallow.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- With waxed paper (or lightly buttered hands), smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.
- Let the kids cut out hearts with the cookie cutter.
- Have the kids place each heart in a plastic bag while you tie a yarn bow
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to give them out!